[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_image admin_label=”Image” src=”http://www.melroseinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/new.jpg” show_in_lightbox=”off” url_new_window=”off” use_overlay=”off” animation=”off” sticky=”off” align=”center” force_fullwidth=”off” always_center_on_mobile=”on” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
[/et_pb_image][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
On Tuesday, Apple held an event where several exciting announcements were made about new and updated products! Some products have new pricing, are faster, or the software has been updated.
Below is a recap of the announcements:
- OS X Mavericks (10.9) is available NOW, and is a FREE upgrade for qualified machines running OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8) or higher.
- The iLife suite of apps for iOS and Mac OS X have all been updated
- The Macbook Pro 13” with Retina Display has been updated with the Intel Haswell chipset, integrated Iris graphics, 9-hour battery life, PCI- based flash storage, 802.11ac wireless, and Thunderbolt 2. The starting price is $1299.
- The Macbook Pro 15” with Retina Display has been updated with a new Intel Crystalwell chipset, integrated Iris Pro graphics, new NVIDIA discrete graphics options, 8-hour battery life, PCIe-based flash storage, 802.11ac wireless, and Thunderbolt 2 with a starting price of $1999.
- No updates to the standard Macbook Pro 13” and Macbook Pro 15”.
NOTE: It is rumored that Apple will be discontinuing these products, but that is unconfirmed as of now, so don’t hold us to that.
- The Mac Pro has been completely redesigned and has a starting price of $2999; Specsinclude a 3.7GHz quad-core Xeon processor, 12GB of DRAM, dual FirePro D300 GPUs with
2GB of VRAM each and a 256GB SSD; it will be available in December. Make sure to be the first to get one, by saving your spot here.
- The new iPad Air replaces the 4th Generation iPad and features the same 9.7” Retina Display, but is thinner, lighter, and more powerful. It will be available November 1, 2013.
- The iPad 2 remains at a starting price of $399 for 16GB Wi-Fi
- The iPad mini has been updated with a Retina Display and faster performance with a starting price at $399 with Wi-Fi. Will be available for purchase at an undisclosed date in November.
- The original iPad mini will stick around with a price drop to $299 for the 16GB Wi-Fi model