[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.106″ background_layout=”light”]
iCloud is extremely beneficial for Apple users who want to back up app-specific data and utilize shared photo streams. Anyone working with iOS 11 on an iPhone, iPad or iPod can sync a device with iCloud with a few simple steps.
- Select the Settings buttons located on the home screen.
- Once you are in Settings, go down to the “iCloud” button. Select it.
- You will need to enter your Apple ID as well as your password. In the event you do not currently have an Apple ID and password, you will need to create one.
- Merge your device’s and iCloud’s data. When you select to merge data, you will be given two options: “Merge” and “Don’t Merge.” Merge means your data from your device and iCloud are brought together, which means if you have two contacts on your iPhone and three contacts within the Cloud, then both devices end up with five contacts. If you select “Don’t Merge,” then data from iCloud will replace data on the iPhone.
- Establish your location preference. You will have the option to allow iCloud to locate your device, which is highly recommended.
- Sync notes by establishing an @icloud.com email address.
- Back up all data. When you do this, you will upload all settings, text messages and photos to iCloud.
After all this is done, all your data will be backed up. This is great in the event you end up breaking or losing your device. You can upload your data onto a new device, so you do not have to go through the heartbreak of losing all your photos.
Get iCloud Assistance from MelroseINC
MelroseINC can help anyone in the Los Angeles area set up an iCloud or answer any questions you might have about the process. Call us at 323-937-4600 or get in touch by filling out this online form to start using your Apple device to its fullest extent.